Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Run Lauren, Run!!!

Disneyland, California



I am PROUD to say I had the pleasure of being in California this past weekend to cheer my daughter on as she ran the Tinkerbell 1/2 Marathon in Disneyland!!! She walked/ran 13.1 miles in 3 hours 25 minutes... which isn't too bad for her very first (of many more to come) runs. 

Our hotel was located at the 7 mile mark... so I was able to catch her as she ran by... with a smile still on her face. Considering the start time was 5:45 AM and we were in the park the whole day before and stayed until 9:45 PM... I was stunned she was still standing!



I painted her T-shirt with wings and her url... www.bitofpixiedust.com for advertising purposes. Next stop is Disney World in Florida at the end of this month. One thing I learned on this trip was that I am a slacker as far as support cheering goes. So many other moms, husbands, boyfriends, etc made signs, blasted "Rocky" music and more for motivation. I can assure you... I can fulfill my duties with gusto at the next run... unless I decide to run myself. Hey... ya never know!

GO LAUREN!!!




I hate having my picture taken... so here I am in shadow. Yup... I'm wearing my Mickey Ears. Black and red sequins make them dressy. I fit right in with the rest of the tourists... he... he.
We rented a FIAT. Zippy, fun, and fuel efficient. Driving on the 101, 110, 405, 105, & 5 was certainly an experience I will never forget. My destination may have been 35 miles as the crow flies, but consistently took 1 1/2 hours travel time. UGH! I never thought I would be happy back on the New Jersey Turnpike.

I met up with an old High School friend for dinner... and hung out with my son (who lives out there) for 2 days. Sleep??? Oh... was I supposed to sleep while there? I knew I forgot to plan something!
At least I got to work on my tan :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment