Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter Morning in Sedona


My goal this morning was to catch the sunrise over the valley. Since I am still on East Coast time that was easy. I was dressed and out the door by 6:00AM... with sunrise projected for 6:16AM I was right on time. I drove out to Airport Road where I was told all the locals go to marvel at the awakening of the mountains.

At first I was a little disappointed, as the view of the mountains were no different than the one I have out my own window... plus I was further away. However... as the sun peaked over the eastern sky and rose above the mountains on that side the magic began to happen.

A small gathering of us... about 6 people... held our breath as the first rays shined on the highest peak. Minute by minute the scenery changed as more and more of the valley seemed lit from within. Layer by layer the earth seemed to be waking... the colors of the red rocks began to come alive. From my vantage point I could see the entire valley... not just the cliffs outside my window. It was such an awesome experience!!


If you look closely at the picture above you will see the first rays hit the right side of the tallest peak.

In the distance we could faintly hear the loud speakers of the sunrise service being held a few miles down the road. The six of us looked at each other and decided we were all in the right place at the right time. Easter morning... diverse ethnic and religious backgrounds and beliefs, experiencing the waking of the valley together.

Whenever 2 or more are gathered in his name... there is love.

Happy Easter everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment