Friday, August 27, 2010

Karma

Call it Karma... a co-inky dink... devine intervention... or just plain surprise... but I believe deep down in my soul that if you are a good person and do good things, then good things will happen to you. However... I also believe you have to help it along. Sitting in a dark room all by yourself not making contact with the outside world will not help you get what you want... well, unless you WANT to be in a dark room all by yourself.

Sometimes I seem to stick my neck out just a bit too far. Yesterday was one of those days. I read an article in New York magazine about Barnes & Noble founder Len Riggio and his arch nemesis Ron Burkle. Author Andrew Rice asks the question in big bold letters if they are the only people in America who still want to own a mega-bookstore. I couldn't wait to go on the website and answer... " I do! I do!" I'm comment #10.

It is very rare that I comment on an article on the web. I will comment on someone's facebook wall. I might leave a comment on someone's blog... but I don't comment on articles. One reason is that if I wait long enough someone else will leave a comment exactly like the one I would have, so why bother? Who reads those comments anyway??? What's the purpose? Despite my misgivings I was compelled to leave a comment this time. Type, type, type... send. Done. I sat back and let my mind wander (we creative types do that a lot... at least that's what I keep telling myself). I wondered what it would be like if Mr. Riggio (or more likely a staff member) invited me for a meeting to discuss the book industry and the direction it is heading. I have a few creative ideas... but surely Mr. Riggio has a highly paid staff to think of the same things... right? Right?

Back to Karma... I put my thoughts and 'energy' out in to the world. Maybe Mr. Riggio will pick up on it, maybe not... but he'll never know it's out there if I didn't at least cast the first stone.

So... in honor of Karma... I have made a line of bracelets to wear and show off that you 'believe'. Besides... they are just too pretty NOT to wear. Below is a picture... they are available at my bookstore... Chicklet Books and my etsy store at www.uniqueandnovel.etsy.com Wear them to remind yourself to PUT YOURSELF OUT THERE. What goes around really does come around... as long as you do your part to help.

These wrap bracelets are made using 100% silk that has been expertly hand dyed in luxurious colors. The Karma ring is 24K Antique Gold bonded to solid copper. A real quality piece. I scoured the market for these particular items and put them together myself. Only the best would do! Feel free to leave a comment, suggestion, or question.

Now... go out there and do good things!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment