Friday, September 23, 2011

Quilter ALERT!

Tuesday evening was spent in Huntington Valley, PA attending the PHILLY chapter of the Modern Quilt Guild. Between voting for upcoming officers, participating in a pin cushion swap (I got an adorable 'bug' from Sue at The Village Quilter in Mt. Holly, NJ), meeting really nice fellow quilters, and having a Trunk Show of and by designer Jessica Levitt... I was in total quilter's heaven.

Jan Crane, from Pennington Quilt Works joined me for the car ride and attended as well. By the end of the evening we were 100% in agreement that we need to start a New Jersey Chapter... NOW!!! Jan has generously offered the use of her shop to hold monthly meetings, while a few others and myself volunteered to 'get the ball rolling'.

If you are interested in helping to form this chapter, please let me know NOW! We are looking for lots of help and input to make this chapter AWESOME!

In addition, if you just want to be notified about our progress and perhaps attend our meetings, please shoot me a message.

We are also looking for ideas and suggestions... so again... shoot me a message. I will send it along to the appropriate person.

If you have a blog... please post our information as it develops... many hands make light work as the old saying goes.

Currently there are no dates or time frame. I believe discussions of holding an informal fact gathering meeting in late October or early November have been held... with the first 'real' meeting to be held in January. But again... nothing has been set in stone yet. One thing we know for sure is that our meetings will NOT be held the 3rd Tuesday of the month... for that is when the Philly Chapter meets and I for one want to attend those :-)

Pass the word along!!

This is EXCITING news!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment