Thursday, September 15, 2011

Natural Gas Poisoning

By now you all have been reading about my hot water heater problems... but did you have any idea how serious it was? I didn't.

I had been 'sick' for about a week. So many different symptoms made it hard to diagnose... besides, I was too sick to care. I just curled up in bed and hoped the world would pass me by. A few major "events" were happening in my day to day life, so I chalked up the queasy stomach, intestinal flare ups, migraine, head cold, sneezing, and over all 'I don't give a shit' attitude to depression. Little did I know the gas leak from the hot water heater was poisoning me.

My daughter suffered some of the same symptoms... and the dogs weren't behaving right either... but I was too sick to notice or care.

As a general rule I like to keep the windows in my house open. I can't live with out fresh air blowing in my face, especially around my nose. That's the only thing that saved me from a more serious fate.

Last week a neighbor called the fire department because they smelled gas. The firemen turned the gas to the hot water heater off... and with in 6 hours or so I started to feel better.

So... beware of the silent killer!!! You can't see it, hear it, or even smell it in some cases. Read the symptoms below and commit them to memory. I didn't suffer from all of them... but quite a few to see the pattern.

Symptoms of Natural Gas Poisoning

There are a wide variety of symptoms that may occur from natural gas poisoning. The most noticeable are:

  • Increased allergies
  • Gastrointestinal Problems
  • Fatigue
  • Forgetfulness
  • Mental Fogginess
  • Asthma
  • Depression
  • Pain and Discomfort
  • High Red Blood Cell Count
  • High White Blood Cell Count
  • Eczema
  • High Cholesterol levels
  • Pets are unexplainably ill
  • Migraines

Keep it safe!

7 comments:

  1. WOW, what a lesson! Thank goodness you had those windows open.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're OK, Deb. Will you please contact me about the Bitty Blocks? PLEASE?

    Email me at pinkfeffers at yahoo dot com. Please?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol! You're such a drama queen. Natural gas did NOT make you sick. It's a 100% non toxic non poisonous gas. You shouldn't post ignorant things like this when you have no clue what you're talking about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kenny Nash, you're an idiot and an a$$hole. It also seems that you're the one who doesn't know what they're talking about. Natural gas poisoning is real and is something that many people suffer from on a day-to-day basis; myself included. For almost a year I suffered from almost every symptom on that list (minus the cholesterol problem). It wasn't until a doctor (someone who I'm pretty sure is more qualified to give opinions like that) told me what I might be suffering from. My landlord, who is also an a$$hole (you guys should hang out) told me that there was no such problem, so I moved. Guess what? Every single symptom went away. BOOM! Im done. You're dumb! And livingonair, you're awesome for trying to help make people aware.

      Delete
  4. Hey kenny nash since you seem to think these people are wrong that the gas ins't poisonous. The main thing in natural gas is methane and did the miners not send canaries into the mines to test for it if the birds died it was not safe gee don't you think it would affect people as well man your a stupid a** never heard of someone being so ignorant. As the other lady said your really gonna try to say you have more knowlege then a doctor. What a joke you are pathetic who obviously has nothing better to do with your time then be a jerk and tell people their wrong. What a miserable life you must have. My family has been having these symptoms for 7 yrs and just found out the other day that the actual line was rotten and had been leaking into my ground for years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know this is late but after stumbling on this site Im glad to know my symptoms are real iv just had a new pipe fitted on my gas meater as it had a small hole in it and I was unaware till I finally smelt it this evening. apparently it may have been leaking for almost six months which coinsides with all my headaches and nausier hopefully my palpatations will stop and Il feel better from now on.

    ReplyDelete