Thursday, July 15, 2010

In Lieu of Flowers...

A friend suggested that this blog should be named "In Lieu Of Flowers". It took me a moment to understand but when I 'got it' I burst out laughing!!! Yes!!! In Lieu Of Flowers please send donations to the following charity... ME!

Have you read the memoir Save Karyn: One Shopaholic's Journey to Debt and Back
? Karyn was a shopaholic and found herself in $20,000 worth of credit card debt. She had an ingenious idea to set up a website and ask strangers for money. This book was written in 2003... and here I am seven years later blogging for bucks... although I'm not in debt... just trying to keep my head above water. The real co-inky dink is that Save Karyn was released on September 2nd... my birthday. Read it if you get a chance. It is perfect summer reading.

Did you notice that the title of the book is a link to Amazon? I became an Amazon Affiliate yesterday. For those of you who know me you must think I have gone crazy. No, I didn't. Go to the Chicklet Book website and read why I decided to do it. While there sign up and become a member. I will be making book recommendations, running virtual book clubs, sell FABULOUS gifts, and give prizes for silly contests.

I'll be looking for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment